Add custom configuration¶
By custom configuration we mean:
- A new Content Type
- A new View
- A new Page
- Whatever can be captured in features in a custom module
Whatever’s you need to customise the project, you should set the feature export to somewhere inside the docroot/sites/all/modules/custom folder. That way, your module will persist when the site gets remade (Read Add a custom module if you don’t understand what this means). Please note your changes shouldn’t be added directly to docroot/sites/all/modules/custom but to config/modules/custom, otherwise, your changes will be lost on the next DKAN Starter upgrade.
However, there’s a few caveats:
- If you add something custom to the site, you need to make sure it gets tested every time new code gets added to the project (on a Pull Request).
- It doesn’t need to be the fanciest behat test, something like this will do -> tests/features/general.feature
- Create a behat feature file for your tests (name it appropriately)
- Look at the
circle.ymlrecipe to see if it’s setup to run that behat feature
- Customisation does not mean in any way DKAN overrides. If you plan to introduce overrides please refer to Override a DKAN out of the box feature